Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Worst Top Coat EVER!

Hello everyone! I've come to bring you a review on the worst top coat I've ever used in my life. This top coat has made my nail polish peel and chip faster than anything else. I feel that as a beauty blogger, it's my duty to inform you all of both good and bad products. So, let's get straight into the review!
 
This top coat is called the Salon Perfect Top Coat. I have used this on top of various brands of nail polish, such as OPI, Wet n' Wild, Essie, etc... The only things good about this top coat is that it's super fast drying and that it doesn't contain those three bad ingredients. Unfortunately, the bad outnumber the good in this case. This top coat has made my nail polish peel off within one single day, not even a full 24 hours. I usually paint my nails after my shower, and by the next day, I already have chips in my polish. Not only does it not protect the lacquer, it can cause the entire polish to peel off in one step. If I so much as poke at the polish that has miraculously been hanging on for two days, it will peel of it the perfect shape of my nail.
 
Using nail polish with this top coat has proven to be more difficult and less longer lasting than if I used a polish without any top coat at all. It's astounding how very badly this top coat performs. I bought this on a whim, when I was in dire need of a top coat and saw this at my local Wal-Mart for a reasonable price. When I do use this top coat, my nails need touching up after less than 24 hours. And in those less than 24 hours, my nails seem to look as though they have been through a week's worth of wear.
 
I hope this post helped out some of you in knowing what not to buy when looking for a quality top coat. Please do stay away from this one, it seems to be anything but a top coat. If you have any suggestions, please leave them in the comments! Thanks so much for reading and have a wonderful day!

Cutting Edge Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment