Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Take it Off Tuesday: Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil

Hello everyone! I'm back with another post for this week! Today I'm going to be talking about makeup removal. My first step of removal is using a cleansing oil.



I first discovered the Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil when I was looking for a cleansing oil to take off heavier makeup such as Revlon Colorstay. I knew that makeup wipes were just not cutting it, so I finally settled and bought this at Sephora for $26 plus tax. The price point is pretty steep, but the amount of product lasts quite a while.


The product comes in a pump style bottle, and as you can see, I've used quite a bit. The bottle itself contains 150 mL/5 fl oz. of product. Generally, I usually only use one full pump of this to take off my face and eye makeup.

 

Ingredients: Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Dextrin Palmitate, Menthol, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copper Chlorophyll, Water/Aqua/Eau, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Butylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Dipalmitate.

(Disclaimer: I got the ingredients list off of Sephpora.com, not off of the box itself.)

Now, onto my thoughts of this product. I like this for what it is. I've only ever tried one other cleansing oil before and it was the Sephora brand; that one was a disaster. It left a greasy and stick residue on my skin and therefore my washcloth. I immediately returned that one. This cleansing oil suggests that it's cooling in the name, but I really feel no cooling effect. The smell isn't offensive, but could take some getting used to. When I use this product, I make sure that my hands are clean, but dry, then I take one full pump onto my fingers and spread it across my face (dry, no water) in a cleansing motion. Then I wet my fingers and massage my face again, where oil will turn into a creamy, milky wash. And finally I just rinse it off and follow with my second step of makeup removal, which will be tomorrow's post, so stay tuned!

Overall, a good product that doesn't break out my extremely oily skin. All around a good, basic, staple product for me that I will repurchase. I would recommend this to anyone looking to try a good quality cleansing oil.

                                         Until Next Time,

                                                     Cutting Edge Beauty



 

No comments:

Post a Comment