Monday, July 15, 2013

Grail or Fail: Skin79 Orange BB Cream

Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing well! Today I'm going to be starting a new series called 'Grail or Fail'! In this series, I'm going to be writing about products in my collection that I either think are my 'Holy Grail' products, or 'Fail' products that just didn't work out for me. Keep in mind though, I'm not intending to talk down on anything I consider a 'fail', it's simply that they didn't work out for me personally. With that out of the way, let's jump into the very first thing I have for you today!
 
So, is the Skin79 Orange BB Cream a grail or fail? Let's find out!
 
The Skin79 Orange BB Cream, aka, the Skin79 Super Plus Triple Functions BB Vital Cream, goodness, that's a mouthful! Anyway, I've had this sample of the BB cream since last December; it came with my Skin79 Hot Pink BB cream, which I already have a review type post up on along with another BB cream, so if you would like to look at that, I'll link it at the end of this review.
 
 
I really hadn't thought about trying this out until this summer, mostly due to the fear of breaking out. I'm on topical creams from the dermatologist right now, and I also have a post up on my simple skin care routine right now and I'll link that below as well. Now, back to the BB cream, despite the small sample size, this has quite a few uses, I believe I can squeeze a few more uses out of this before it's totally gone, but I don't know if I will be keeping it around long enough to do so.
 
Here's why: I'm not completely sure if this BB cream breaks me out, but I feel that it irritates the tops of my cheekbones and adds more pimples there, for some reason. I do know that one of the ingredients is Argan Oil, which my skin was fine with a couple of years ago, but hates now. I'm not sure that it's that specific ingredient that's making me break out or something else. It does have a light almost herbal/citrus scent that doesn't linger and eventually vanishes. There are some ups for this product though, that make me want to keep using it despite my concerns.
 
This BB cream has amazing coverage. It is so shocking to me how well this covers compared to other BB creams that I've tried. I have extremely bad acne scarring as well as active pimples and this covers them so well, it's astounding that this has so much coverage! As you can see in the swatch above, it has an extremely pale color, although not as grey as all the other Skin79 BB Creams, it's leaning towards the more beige/yellow tone, which I love. Most people will find that this is too light for them, especially with the high SPF of 50 and PA +++. My summer skin tone isn't much different from my winter one because I don't get that much sun, so this coloring works out well for me, but doesn't oxidize to a strange pink/grey tone after a few hours.
 
This product has a good matte finish that keeps my extremely oily skin at bay for a bit longer than usual, but it's nothing spectacular. I mainly enjoy this for its coverage and color. There are pros and cons with this product, and I have to say that the cons outweigh the pros on this one. It's imperative that I try and clear up my skin right now and this is my top suspect for the pimples that popped up on my cheekbone after 2 uses, so I'm going to have to label this product as a fail. I really wanted it to work out for me though because of the stunning coverage!
 
As promised, here are the links:
 
Once again, this is simply my opinion, and I don't like to be negative, but those are just my thoughts on the Skin79 Orange BB Cream and I thought that maybe this will help some of you out who are maybe thinking about buying it online but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day.
 
                                                     Until Next Time,
 
                                                          Cutting Edge Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment